Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Where do we go from here???

For those of you out there who may be discouraged by the election results and wondering why God allows this to happen when what we were fighting for was what God demands us to obey and do....Here are some scripture passages that I hope you'll find consoling and help you see through the mess us humans choose to bring upon ourselves... There's always hope, as long as we trust and hope in God....Nobody is greater than Him.

Double your prayers and sacrifices, do not be disheartened and continue to fight the good fight, with even more determination now!!!

(Ps 66:10)

For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver


(Is 48:9-11)

For my own name's sake I delay my wrath;
for the sake of my praise I hold it back from you,
so as not to cut you off.

See, I have refined you, though not as silver;
I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
How can I let myself be defamed?
I will not yield my glory to another.


(Jeremiah 9:6-8)

You live in the midst of deception;
in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge me,"
declares the LORD.

Therefore this is what the LORD Almighty says:
"See, I will refine and test them,
for what else can I do
because of the sin of my people?

Their tongue is a deadly arrow;
it speaks with deceit.
With his mouth each speaks cordially to his neighbor,
but in his heart he sets a trap for him.


(Daniel 12:10)

Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.


(Zechariah 13:9)

I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' "

And Finally remember Psalm 23:

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

God bless (+)

Stephen

No comments: